Blue Wizard Digital
Based in Comox, BC and Berlin, Germany
Press / Business Contact:
Release & Platforms:
iOS (iPad & iPhone)
Out Now! ($2.99 USD)
Steam Deluxe Edition
Out Now! ($8.99 USD)
Kongregate Free Edition
Out Now! (Free Demo)
Android & Other Platforms
Some Day, OK!?
We're Only Human Beings!
About This Game
A killer puzzle game where you control Skullface, a psychotic slasher bent on slaughtering camp counselors at the title campground. Slide this adorable voxel murderer around hundreds of isometric puzzle levels to squash, flay, and decapitate the hapless victims in this darkly comic homage to 80s trash horror.
Originally started as an experimental roguelike collaboration between Jason Kapalka (PopCap co-founder, designer of Bejeweled, etc) and Ido Yehieli (of Cardinal Quest 1 and 2), Slayaway Camp evolved into its current form when they realized that Sokoban-style sliding-block puzzles were enormously tedious... unless they involved gratuitous murder. Then they were awesome. Kapalka’s fondness for cult horror films finally found an outlet that had been denied during his decade at PopCap. They later teamed up with Nate Schmold (creator of cult indie game Cosmochoria) on the visual and sound design, and Slayaway Camp has found its way to Kongregate!Game Features:
- 10 gut-wrenching “videotapes,” plus deleted scenes, for over 200 puzzle levels
- Traps! Cops! SWAT teams! Land mines! Rotary telephones! Cats!
- Unlock the NC-17 mode on all movies for even more puzzle insanity (+ censored shower scenes)
- Starring Mark Meer (Cdr. Shepard from Mass Effect) as “Skullface” and Derek Mears (Jason from Friday the 13th) as “Jessica”
- Unlock multiple psycho killers, including ones based on cult horror movies such as “American Mary”
- Discover dozens of spectacular “Gore-Pak” kill scenes featuring wood-chippers, lawnmowers, Sumerian demon incantations, and more!
- Genuine hair-metal soundtrack by legendary Canadian group GNÜ TRUNTION
- Feb 8, 2017 - ‘Slayaway Camp’ Slashes onto the iOS App Store on Valentines Day (PDF | Word)
- Dec 7, 2016 - Slayaway Camp's First Expansion "Santa's Slay" Launches Today (PDF | Word)
- Oct 25, 2016 - Slayaway Camp Now Available on Steam (PDF | Word)
- Oct 6, 2016 - Brand New ‘Slayaway Camp’ Trailer Revealed, Release Date Announced (PDF | Word)
- Sep 20, 2016 - ‘Slayaway Camp’ Slaughtering Onto Steam This Halloween (PDF | Word)
- Aug 29, 2016 - ‘Slayaway Camp’ Slashes Onto Kongregate (PDF | Word)
- June 7, 2016 - Voice Actor Mark Meer Announced as the Star of ‘Slayaway Camp’ (PDF | Word)
- May 12, 2016 - Blue Wizard Digital Announces ‘Slayaway Camp’... (PDF | Word)
Quotes From Awesome People
- "Surprisingly wonderful... two thumbs up!"
- Jim Sterling (Jimpressions)
- "Brutally cute... drenched in good-humored gore!"
- "I hate puzzle games. Unless they’re also slasher films, apparently, because I can’t stop playing this."
- Rock Paper Shotgun
- "...a game that seems to be all about the unfettered rage of a rampaging monster is actually a precisely tuned brainteaser..."
- "In a multi-component metric, this game is worth paying attention to."
- "How long have we waited for a game that pits Fredric Jameson’s critique of postmodern pastiche against Linda Hutcheon’s embrace of postmodern parody? In Slayaway Camp, their deathmatch is finally staged. And yet, a question remains: is Jameson represented by the scourge of voxel children, and Hutcheon by the baleful voxel evildoers? Or is it the reverse?"
- Ian Bogost, Author of ten books, creator of one cow game, and Contributing Editor at The Atlantic
Click here to Download a package of Slayaway Camp animated GIFs! Right click and 'Save As' the screenshots below to save them to your desktop.
Logo & Artwork
Right click and 'Save-As' the image assets below. If there is anything specific required, email us at email@example.com.
Slayaway Camp - Masthead
Slayaway Camp Logo - With Background
SkullFace - Transparent BG
Art, Music, Design, Love
Artist, Animations and Death